Charles Barkley Says “Weight Watchers is a Scam”

Filed under: Black News,Sheer Foolishness |

Charles Barkley, the man who is known for putting his foot in his mouth, might be losing some money over his latest remarks.  During a commercial break as he was calling an NBA game for TNT, Barkley was caught referring to Weight Watchers as a “scam”:

“I’ve been on weight watchers three months. I have to lose two pounds a week. I’m at 38 pounds now. They come and weigh me every two weeks. I ain’t never missed a weigh-in. Never going to… I’m feeling much better. But I ain’t giving away no money. I’m not giving away no free money. I thought this was the greatest scam going — getting paid for watching sports — this Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam.”

Barkley is clearly referring to the idea that he’s being paid money to lose weight.  But it would be no surprise if Weight Watchers executives end up giving him a polite little phone call over the weekend.

Related posts:

Gang banger Opens Fire in Hospital ER
Church Sign Reads “Beyonce had her baby. Satan is on Earth.”
Overflow of Dead Bodies! Chicago Morgue in Hot Water! [VIDEO]

11 Responses to Charles Barkley Says “Weight Watchers is a Scam”

1. In the vernacular of the street,Charles is not saying Weight Watchers is a scam, he is saying the easy money he is making, is the scam. Another term is Grand Theft Money! Come on, give Charles a break.

Olson Rogers
    January 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

2. What a DUMB Post

Mark S. Allen
    January 6, 2012 at 6:56 pm

3. Weight Watcher may be a scam now but they were really good at one time

DELORES
    January 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm

4. I always knew Charles Barkley was a buffoon but this just proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even though he didn’t think he was on camera he know he has a giant mic in front of his mouth. I remember how he was praised by white mainstream media for saying he didn’t want to be a role model for black children. That I agree with, he wasn’t role model material. But what he should have said was I’m not a role model unless you pay me! I’m sure Weight Watchers is putting a stop payment on his check at this very moment. LOL

David2001
    January 8, 2012 at 4:15 am

5. Clearly this comment was said to highlight getting paid for doing little or nothing to earn it or enjoying the work while earning cash. He is clearly an example of the effectiveness of weight watchers results and sincerity of purpose. Don’t insult the intelligence of corporate weightwatchers. Its clearly more abstract comedy from Charles, of which he is King.

carol
    January 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

6. I don’t get it. What’d he say that was so bad. What’s wrong with enjoying getting money for loosing weight? Do people purposefully try to misunderstand what being said just to stir up some mess???

Susan Smith
    January 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm

7. I am quite sure that Weight Watchers will be taking him to court for making that statement. He probably knew he could be heard and thats why he said it like he did to make people think he was just speaking openingly. Weight Watchers is for people who have money or can afford to buy their over priced food they want you to eat. If you can’t afford to eat thie food then you can’t be on their program. The only way you can afford to loose weight is to stay on their program. They don’t really teach you how to prepare the food on your own. That’s their way of making sure you have to come back to them to loose weight or to continue to loose weight if you want to stay that small. I am glad that some one finally spoke about about them. Charles probably don’t need the money anyway, if he did, he wouldn’t have messed hisself out of money by making a remark like that one.

Pauline Ligons
    January 9, 2012 at 3:50 am

• I totally disagree with you. I have lost 12 lbs on Weight Watchers and the only products that I use of theirs is the ice cream and the cheese. It is all about counting points and working out, Once you become familiar with the point system, I think that after you lose the amount of weight that you want. You can still maintain your weight by using the basics of the program without having to pay to stay in the program.

ramone07
      May 14, 2012 at 5:35 am

8. The only thing that is a scam is Charles Barkley’s career.

CHRYSTAL
    January 9, 2012 at 8:47 am

9. If you listen the comment and the context in which he used the word you can clearly comprehend that he is referring to them paying him to do nothing.

maurice
    January 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm

10. He’s not saying WW is a scam… he is saying (in his Round Mound of Rebound way) that he feels like he is scamming them. Losing weight and getting paid for it… I’d love that gig too. Of course, I’d still prefer his other ‘scam’… watching sports and getting paid for it is the ultimate!

WW would be idiots to try to sue him or try to deny him payments… hell, this will be more publicity for them than anything and 80% of the people will understand what he was eluding to.

ma1achai