Woman Dies Of Allergic Reaction To Weave Glue, And Similar Deaths Have Happened

A doctor in London is speculating Atasha Graham, 34, died from a possible allergic reaction to the adhesive used to apply her weave. The Daily Mail reports that Graham collapsed after a night of dancing at a club.

The sweat from dancing may have allowed glue to enter Graham’s blood stream in turn causing the deadly chemical reaction.

But this is no freak accident.

Although the specific cause of death has not be confirmed, Pathologist Dr. Michael Heath explained today during a hearing at London’s Southwark Coroner’s Court that this is not the first time he has seen deaths linked to extension glue.

“There are about 10 to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months,” Heath said.

Multiple deaths? More in America?

The statistics are shocking. Who knew that a beauty product used by so many in this country was actually killing people?

Graham’s tragic story certainly supports the increased interest growing population of women embracing their natural hair.

But no matter how you style or treat your hair, you owe it to yourself to be more vigilant about the products you use. Let’s make sure we’re not putting our lives on the line for beauty.

Source.

(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a reply

css.php